Allegiant Air, a popular choice for budget-conscious tourists, provides cheap flights to a variety of destinations. However, understanding Allegiant Airlines‘ checked baggage regulations is essential to ensuring a smooth flight. This policy controls weight and size limitations, baggage fees, allowances, restrictions, and helpful tips to make your trip run well. We’ll go into the nuances of Allegiant Air’s checked luggage policy in this detailed guide, allowing you to make informed selections for your next vacation. For any queries or further assistance, Allegiant Air’s customer service can be reached at +1-585-935-7101 or visit the Booking Trolley.
Weight and Size Requirements
Before you begin packing, familiarize yourself with Allegiant Air’s checked baggage weight and size regulations. Each checked baggage must weigh no more than 50 pounds (22 kilograms) and have linear dimensions of no more than 80 inches (203 centimetres) (height + width + depth). Additional costs will apply if your baggage exceeds these weight limits.
Baggage Fees and Booking Options
Allegiant Air charges baggage fees depending on the route and when the bags are added to your schedule.
Pre-purchasing Checked Bags:
Passengers have the option to pre-purchase checked bags online or through the Allegiant Air app up to 4 hours before their flight departure. This method usually offers cost savings.
Checking Bags at the Airport:
It is recommended that passengers check their bags at the airport at least one hour before their planned flight departure. During the process, make sure you have your boarding pass and a valid form of identification.
Overweight and Oversized Bags:
Overweight and oversized bags will incur additional fees if they exceed the weight limit of 50 pounds or the linear dimensions of 80 inches. Overweight baggage is charged $50 per bag, while oversized bags are charged $100 per bag.
Excess Baggage Fees:
Passengers who exceed the baggage allowance of 5 bags or exceed the weight or size regulations will be charged $100 per bag.
Travelers with sporting equipment, such as golf clubs, skis, or surfboards, will face additional fees of approximately $50 per item.
Baggage Allowance and Restrictions
Understanding the baggage allowance and restrictions is crucial for a smooth journey:
· Each passenger is permitted to check up to 5 bags, but only 4 bags can be purchased in advance online. The remaining bag must be purchased at the airport.
· Allegiant Air maintains a list of prohibited items that cannot be checked or transported on board. It covers firearms, explosives, dangerous materials, and other goods as stated. Before packing for your flight, familiarize yourself with this list.
Tips for Hassle-free Baggage Handling
Here are some valuable tips to streamline your baggage handling process:
· Pack Light to Avoid Fees: Pack lightly to avoid overweight and oversized bag fees. Take into account the weight and dimensions of your luggage.
· Label Your Bags Clearly: To avoid mix-ups or losses during transit, clearly label all of your baggage with your name and contact information.
· Secure Valuables: Remove any valuables from your checked bags, including jewelry, electronics, and medications. Carry them on the flight with you to ensure their safety.
· File a Claim if Needed: If your checked bag is lost or damaged during the flight, register a claim with Allegiant Air immediately to address your issue and seek resolution.
Understanding Allegiant Air’s checked baggage policy is essential for a cost-effective and hassle-free travel experience. You may maximize your Allegiant Airlines journey by complying with weight and size limits, being aware of any fees, and following the recommended advice. For any inquiries or further assistance with your booking, do not hesitate to reach out to customer service at +1-585-935-7101. Pack wisely, travel comfortably, and make the most of your adventure with Allegiant Air.