Have you ever tried to send a long video or presentation, only to receive a warning that the file is too large to send?
Regardless of the device you use, most communication platforms such as text, email, and other applications impose file size limits that restrict you from sending larger files. However, that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Here are my tips for sending large files on any device.
Send Large Files on iPhone via AirDrop
You can send large files from an iPhone in a few different ways, depending on whether the person on the receiving end also has an iPhone.
Here’s how to send large files via AirDrop if you both have iPhones and are nearby. You can send photos, videos, files or documents etc. via AirDrop.
The Best Way to Optimize Your PC, MAC Devices
How to Send Large Files on iPhone via AirDrop
- Make sure both parties are in close proximity and have Bluetooth Open
- Open the file you want to send to the other party on your iPhone, and tap share icon
- click airdrop icon
- Choose who you want to send the file to via AirDrop.If you don’t see them, make sure you both have AirDrop set to allow everyone send to you. To check this, follow these steps:
go set up > General > airdrop > 10 minutes each
- As soon as you tap on someone else’s name or iPhone, they’ll get a popup notification asking if they’d like to accept or decline files you share
- when they click acceptthe file will be saved
Where it is saved depends on the file. If it’s a photo or video, it usually goes to the Photos app. If it is a different type of file, the person receiving the file will choose where to save the file on their phone.
MORE: Send funny messages with these iPhone tricks
Send Large Files on iPhone with Mail Drop via iCloud Link
If you’re using an iPhone to send a large file, you can send it through iCloud Link regardless of whether the recipient has an iPhone or not. As long as you’re signed into your iCloud account on your iPhone, you can use the built-in iCloud features to email or text larger files.
If you have an iCloud account, you’ll automatically get the option to do so via what’s called “Attach Larger Files to Email” mail delivery.Here’s How to Attach Too Large Photos or Videos Using Email mail delivery.
How to Send Large Files via iCloud Link Using Mail Drop
1. Compose a new email
- In the Mail app on iPhone, tap compose button
2. Add attachments
- Then click the left arrow icon (<), and then click the icon for accessing the media library.This icon looks like a square with mountain view inside.Once you click on it, you can Add to photo or video.choose photo or video from your photo library, then click X. click up blue arrow send.
How to Spot the Red Flags of the Latest Facebook Marketplace Scam
3. Use Mail Drop if your attachment is too large
- If your photo or video is too large to attach to the email, you will be alerted as shown below
Best Ways to Delete Unnecessary Content from iCloud to Free Up Storage Space
- In this case, you should choose Use mail drop
NOTE: To use Mail Drop, the sender only needs to be an iCloud user, and you don’t even have to send the email from an iCloud account. Your iPhone uploads the video to your iCloud for a month and sends the recipient a link they can click to download the attachment in full resolution.
MORE: What to do if your friend got an email from you, but you didn’t send it?
Send as a text file or via any application
To send a text file or via any app, use your iCloud document application. It installs on your iPhone and you can upload any file to it.
How to send a text file or via any application
- On any photo, video, document or file on iPhone, tap Share icon (looks like a square with an up arrow)
- scroll down and click save to file
- Choose where to save in the Files folder
- open your file application and select the file
- click share icon
- You can then click information, mail or other applications, or even copy just for copy link
- Send as normal and your file will now be shared for recipients to view via the Files app
More info: How to find a lost MacBook
Send large files on Android
The best way to send large files via Android is to use Google Drive.If you don’t already have a Gmail or Google account, you can create one free. Google Accounts come with 15 GB of free storage (all Google Accounts, including Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos).You can then send large attachments using Google Drive, The service is free with your Google account; just download the app from Google Play.
How to send large files on Android
Settings may vary depending on your Android phone manufacturer.
- You can upload any photo, video or file to your Drive with a click share icon (like <) when you open it
- tap drive (you may need to hit the circle with three dots and the word more)
- You can rename the file if you wish and click the save
How to Stop Those Unwanted, Annoying Spam Emails
You can now share your files through the Google Drive app, here’s how.
How to share files with the Google Drive app
- Open Google Drive and click document you want to share
- click three vertical points In the upper right corner select share Share with someone via Google Drive to their email address or click copy Link If you want to send the link yourself via text or email body
- choose share Share their email address with someone via Google Drive
- or click copy Link If you want to send the link yourself via text or email body
Why Some Facebook Emails Are Not What They Seem
Send large files on PC
Similar to Android, one way to send large files on a Windows or PC computer is through third-party apps like Google Drive.
11 Tips to Extend Your MacBook’s Battery Life
How to Send Large Files on Your Computer
- Visit drive.google.com and click + new
- tap upload files
- Select your file from inside Google Drive
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner
- tap share Share directly via email or click get link send it your way
To learn more about my security alerts, subscribe to my free CYBERGUY Reports newsletter by going to CYBERGUY.COM/Newsletters/.
Other options for sending large files
Why you should never give someone your phone number on a dating app
Dropbox also offers a small amount of free storage – 2 GB to be exact. Dropbox is a great way to upload large files that you can easily share through its app or desktop website.If you’ve uploaded the file to Dropbox, you can tap the copy Link or share Add someone’s email directly.
Kurt’s key takeaways
There are various ways to send large files on any device. On iPhone, you can use the iCloud Files app to send files via AirDrop, email, text, or other apps. If you’re trying to send large files on your Mac, it’s best to use AirDrop or email to send the files.
For Android, PC or Windows, Google Drive is an option for sending large files. You can also use Dropbox, as mentioned above. Regardless, there are always options for sending large files without worrying about file size limitations.
Click here for the Fox News app
Are you having trouble sending larger videos or files? How did you solve this problem?please write to us Cyberguy.com/contact/.
For more of my security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by going to Cyberguy.com/Newsletter/.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved.