sourcegraph
April 21, 2024

West Midlands Fire Service has shared video of an e-bike battery exploding while charging after its owner allowed it to be shared to warn others of the danger.

It added that electric bikes, scooters, mobile phones or other devices should always be charged safely and following the manufacturer’s instructions.

The public has been warned not to leave devices charging while sleeping or away from home, never to charge in areas where a fire could block escape routes, and to always unplug devices when they are fully charged.

A department spokesman said crews were able to contain the fire in Birmingham last month within half an hour.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *