Did you know that your iPhone or Android camera can be turned into a handheld digital scanner? It’s simple, free and super convenient. You can save scans to your phone, or even better, convert them to PDFs and send them to anyone with just a few taps.
How to Scan Documents to PDF Using Your Phone
You might be wondering why you need to scan documents from your phone. If you have a printer at home, this may already be an easy way for you. However, with many documents becoming digital, printers and scanners are becoming less and less necessary in everyday use. Let’s say you get an email about some documents that need to be sent. Why bother going to the printer when you can conveniently send scans anytime, anywhere? It’s a great way to quickly send files or even scan photos from your smartphone. Here’s how.
scan documents iphone
Amazon may soon offer free wireless phone service
- Select an existing note or create a new one by clicking compose button In the lower right corner
The Best Security and Free Screensavers for Your Computer
- click camera button Appears when you type a note
Massive spread of malware puts gamers at risk of theft and data breaches
Lost workout data on Apple Watch?How to Manually Log Your Workouts
- you can choose manual or car In the upper right corner.I recommend manual mode because it offers more control and precision, allowing you to carefully align and adjust each page before capturing.
Ask Kurt: How to Fight Back Against Unauthorized Facebook Charges
- Make sure you can clearly see your documents on your phone screen.Once it’s centered, a yellow box should appear around it, then click the shutter button (round white circle) in the bottom center of the screen.
- then click keep scanning
Would you trust AI to help you invest and manage your portfolio?
- then hit save or scan other documents until complete, then click save
How to Make Siri Listen Longer on iPhone and iPad
You can save documents in Notes, and since they’re now in PDF format, you can also send them to someone.
MORE: The best printers of 2023
Send scanned PDF documents on iPhone
- click on your scan document
- click share icon
Does Your PC Motherboard Have Hidden Vulnerabilities That Could Put You at Risk?
- tap save to file Save PDFs directly to your phone
Game-changing ALEXA skills to brighten up your day-to-day work
- Or choose a method of sharing your PDF (such as email or text message) and send it like any other photo.
Why You Need to Remove These Malicious Extensions Now
MORE: How to securely scan QR codes with your smartphone
Scan Documents on Android
you need this app Google Drive This requires a free Google account to scan documents on your Android
- Open Google Drive application
- click the plus sign (+) button
How to Add Your Favorite Websites to Your Device’s Home Screen
- tap scanning
- A popup will appear asking permission for the drive to take pictures.you can choose while using the app or just this time
The 5 Best Apps to Measure Air Quality
- Make sure you can clearly see your documents on your phone screen
- click white button Take a photo of the scan
- tap OK
Do not download any AI applications before reading this article
- You’ll see a preview of the scan.You can click crops button to adjust the edge as desired
- tap Next
- If desired, adjust the name of your PDF file and the location on your drive where you want to save it
- tap save
8 Android Accessibility Tips That Make Life Easier
You can save the documents in your drive, and since they are now PDFs, you can also send them to other people.
Send your scanned PDF via Gmail
- compose new email
- Click on the paperclip attachment
- tap insert from drive
- Select the PDF you want to send
Send PDF by any other method
- Open your scanned PDFs on Google Drive
- Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner
- Choose a sharing method, for example: Click copy Link share link click via text share Email a link to the drive documentation click download Save files to Android devices outside of Drive
- tap copy Link share link via text
- tap share Email a link to the drive documentation
- tap download Save files to Android devices outside of Drive
more of mine IPHONE AND ANDROID TIPSSUBSCRIBE TO MY FREE CYBERGUY REPORTS NEWSLETTER CYBERGUY.COM/Communication
my professional advice
- Be sure to scan documents with good lighting
- Documents will look best in natural lighting against a contrasting background
Scanning documents with your smartphone’s camera is a convenient and efficient way to go paperless and eliminate the need for physical printers and scanners. What I love about it is that it lets me quickly send PDFs from anywhere with just a few taps.
Click here for the Fox News app
What are your favorite smartphone hacks?tell us by writing CyberGuy.com/Contact
more for me iPhone and Android Tipssubscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by going to CyberGuy.com/Newsletter
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved.