FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India that enables drivers to make cashless toll payments. The FASTag is an RFID-enabled tag that is affixed to the vehicle’s windshield and automatically deducts the toll amount from the linked bank account. It is mandatory to have a FASTag for all vehicles that pass through toll plazas on national highways in India. In this article, we’ll provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to apply for FASTag recharges in India.
Step 1: Get a FASTag
The first step to applying for a FASTag recharge is to get a FASTag. You can get a FASTag from any of the issuing banks or payment providers authorized by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). Some of the banks that offer FASTags.
You can apply for a FASTag online or offline. To apply for a FASTag online, visit the website of the issuing bank or payment provider, and follow the instructions. To apply offline, visit any of the authorized banks or payment providers, and submit the required documents.
Step 2: Link your FASTag to a Bank Account
Once you have received your FASTag, you need to link it to a bank account. This can be done by logging in to the website of the issuing bank or payment provider and entering your bank account details. You can also link your FASTag to a bank account using the MyFASTag app, which is available for Android and iOS devices.
Step 3: Recharge your FASTag
To recharge your FASTag, you can use any of the following methods:
1. Online recharge: Log in to the website of the issuing bank or payment provider, and follow the instructions to recharge your FASTag. You can use net banking, debit card, or credit card to make the payment.
2. Mobile app recharge: Download the Bajaj Finserv app, and log in using your credentials. Click on the recharge option, and enter the recharge amount. You can use net banking, debit card, or credit card to make the payment for FASTag Recharge.
3. Bank recharge: You can also recharge your FASTag by visiting any of the authorized banks or payment providers and providing them with your FASTag number and recharge amount.
4. UPI recharge: You can use UPI to recharge your FASTag by scanning the QR code provided by the issuing bank or payment provider.
Step 4: Check your FASTag balance
To check your FASTag balance, you can use any of the following methods:
1. Online balance check: Log in to the website of the issuing bank or payment provider, and check your FASTag balance.
2. SMS balance check: Send an SMS to the number provided by the issuing bank or payment provider with your FASTag number.
3. Customer care balance check: Call the customer care number provided by the issuing bank or payment provider and check your FASTag balance.
Step 5: Recharge your FASTag before the balance runs out
It is important to recharge your FASTag before the balance runs out. If your FASTag balance becomes zero, you will have to pay cash at the toll plaza. To avoid this, set up automatic recharges for your FASTag or make sure to recharge it regularly.
In conclusion, applying for FASTag recharges in India is now easier than ever before. With the government’s push towards digital transactions, FASTag has become an essential tool for hassle-free travel on highways.