How to Mute Your Phone’s Ringtone Quickly
It’s always embarrassing when your phone turns off unexpectedly at the most inopportune time, such as during a meeting, movie, or church.
Click to get KURT’s CYBERGUY newsletter with quick tips, tech reviews, security alerts and simple how-to’s to make you smarter
So you need to make sure you know how to quickly turn off the chime so it never rings during important events or when you should be quiet.
How to Silence Your iPhone Ringer
On iPhone, you have a few options for silencing your ringtone.
- you can use it The small switch on the left side of the phone Just above the volume control. Just toggle it and you can see the orange tab below. Your phone’s screen will alert you that silent mode is now on.
First-gen iPhone sells for over $63,000 at auction
If you want extra privacy, turn your phone to do not disturb. You can do this even if your phone is unlocked, so it’s really easy.
- from upper right your screen
- click moon icon Automatically turn on Do Not Disturb mode. Notifications will still come to your phone, however, your screen won’t light up to alert you of them or vibrate when they come in.
Don’t be a victim: Leaving your phone’s Bluetooth on is a major security risk
If you want to silence an incoming call on your iPhone:
- according to side button or sleep/wake button Once on the iPhone.This will silence the ringtone or vibration for incoming calls
- according to volume down button on the left iPhone.This will also silence the ringtone or vibration for incoming calls
Alternatively, you can reject an incoming call by:
- Press the side button or the Sleep/Wake button twice or press “decline” Buttons on the iPhone screen (if visible).
*Note that if you have “do not disturb” When the mode is on, incoming calls are automatically muted and sent to voicemail.Remember to turn leave “do not disturb” When you’re ready for calls and notifications.
How to Silence Your Android Ringtone
On Android, these settings may vary slightly depending on your device. You need to unlock your phone to silence notifications. On Android there are two mute options:
- click volume down button until your phone goes silent
Foldable iPhone coming soon?Apple just got a new patent
- Swipe down twice from the top of the screenShow quick settings.On this Samsung phone, you’ll swipe to the second page and tapdo not disturb.This means your phone will get notifications, but you won’t be alerted to them, so you’ll have to unlock your phone to see them.
Did these steps help? Let us know if you have any other tips for silencing your smartphone.
Click here for the Fox News app
For more tips from me, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.