How to Reverse Search Images on Your Phone
I first noticed a single friend using a reverse image search to find out more about a future real-life date she met on a virtual date.
She had several photos of him and was able to use this powerful tool to understand the source and confirm a lot about the lucky guy. There are many more reasons why you might want to do a reverse image search.
Click to get KURT’s CYBERGUY newsletter with quick tips, tech reviews, security alerts and simple how-to’s to make you smarter
What are the benefits of reverse searching images?
Is there anyone in your life who is too good to be true? Check out the person on their social media profiles, and if their photos look too good to be true, or you may have seen it elsewhere, do a reverse image search. Do you see other people using the same photo?
Also, try using a reverse search to find:
Say it with photos: The best digital frames for Valentine’s Day
- a certain flower
- A food you’ve never seen before (fruit, vegetable)
- a piece of furniture
- A piece of clothing (shirt, skirt, shoes)
- An animal (I did a reverse search for my dog, and sure enough, Google knew the breed was Vizsla).
Google doesn’t just recognize the item — in many cases, when you buy an item, it displays the item’s price everywhere you can buy it online (more on that below).
How to remove your location from photos
How to Reverse Search Images on iPhone: Safari Browser
If you saved an image to your camera roll and want to view any similar images on the web or possibly at their original source, you can do the following:
1) In your Safari browser, enter images.google.com
2) In order for the camera icon (which we need) to appear in the Google search bar, click the “AA” The icon in the upper left corner of the search bar at the bottom of the screen
3) From the drop-down menu, click on theRequest Desktop Site”
4) Now, you will see a camera icon in the google search bar
5) A prompt will appear requesting permission to access your photos.choose Allow access to all photos
Perfect photo, but someone blinked?no problem with this amazing trick
6) Click on the camera icon Then in the pop-up window, click theupload a file“then click”I love you“
7) Select the image in your camera roll that you want to reverse image search and select “choose” In the lower right corner
8) Google Images will now display all articles and other visually similar images related to the image you just selected
How to Reverse Search Images on iPhone and Android: Chrome Browser
Before following these steps, Apple iPhones and iPads need to download google apps or Google Chrome application Perform a similar reverse image search from the App Store or the Google Play Store app on Android.
How to Turn Live Photos On and Off on the iPhone
- Open Chrome application Navigate to the image you are searching for on your iPhone
- Press and hold the image until the menu appears
- Tap”Search Google for this image“
4) search results Search results based on the image will appear and show you where the image is used on the Internet, and you can click on any result to view that site.
Have you used reverse search before? Let us know what you find out using it.
Click here for the Fox News app
For more tips from me, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.