Why some of your emails disappeared
You see it for a second, and then one, two, sometimes more emails seem to disappear. Emails can be hard to keep track of, especially since we receive tons of emails every day.
Things get even more frustrating if they are automatically combined without your knowledge. You may not know that most email services do this by default.
The good news is that you have a way to turn this feature off.
Click to get KURT’s CYBERGUY newsletter with quick tips, tech reviews, security alerts and simple how-to’s to make you smarter
What does it mean to group emails?
Emails are automatically grouped when each message has the same recipient, sender, or subject as the previous message. It will stack all messages belonging to that category, with the oldest on top and the newest on the bottom.
Conversations may go into a new chain if the subject changes or if there are more than 100 emails in the chain. This is usually the default setting in every email service. However, you can turn it off by going into Settings and following the steps below.
- How to Turn Off Conversations in Gmail
- log into your gmail account
- In the upper right corner, click set up icon (gear icon)
How to Use GMAIL’s Email Layout Feature
- then click save Changes at the bottom of the screen.It is important to do this last step so your changes are saved
Inbox mess?Here’s a surefire way to check your email
How to Turn Off Conversations in Yahoo Mail
- log into your yahoo account
- In the upper right corner, click set up icon (it looks like a gear)
- In the list of options on the left, click check email
- go group by conversation and close
Smart Tech Tip: Create an Email Address for Your Family
To turn off conversation view in Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps:
- open microsoft appearance
- go to view tabs at the top of the screen
- Scroll down and uncheck organized by conversation options
- The conversation will now appear in the standard email viewList individual messages one after the other
NOTE: These steps may vary slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook you are using
how to change the subject AOL feature shut down
- log into your AOL account
- click set up Icon located in the upper right corner of the screen (gear icon)
- then click 3 points and More settings next to it
- click check email on the left
- scroll down until you see group by conversation
- toggle that option leave
Click here for the Fox News app
Note: These steps may vary slightly depending on the version of AOL Mail you are using.
For more tips from me, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.