Taking photos on smart devices is more complicated than ever. Photos now contain all sorts of metadata that can be stored on our devices, including our location.
Some are as generic as the town the photo was taken in, while others are as precise as the street it was taken in.
As you scroll through the album, you may notice the location where each photo was taken is listed at the top.
How do I delete location data from my smartphone photos?
How to Remove Location Data from Photos on iPhone
- Open your Photos app and select a photo
- Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner and select Adjust Position
- Select No location to make the location disappear from the picture
How to Remove Location Data from Photos on Android (and Alternate Versions of Photos on iPhone)
for robot and the alt version iPhone, You can use Exif editor app to remove data from all photos on your phone. It also allows you to change the location where the photo was taken and remove any tags from the photo. Here’s how it works on iOS and Android devices.
How to Turn Live Photos On and Off on the iPhone
- Download and open the EXIF application
- Click the + sign to select a photo
- Select the picture you want to delete data from
- At the top, you’ll see a map of where the photo was taken and two options to edit or delete the location.If you want to delete the location information, click one of the
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom to find options to remove Exif tags or remove image metadata entirely
How do I remove location data from my laptop photos?
Remove location data from photos Windows computer:
- right click on the image
- Search “characteristic” at the bottom of the menu and click on it
- In the popup, click the “detail” Label.At the bottom of the window click “Erasure of property and personal information”
- click Row
Do these revealing photos of your home belong here without permission?
Remove location data from photos Mac:
- Open image in preview
- In the top menu, click tool > show inspector
- click “A generation” information icon
- click Global Positioning System tab, then “Delete Location”. (Without the GPS tab, your photos don’t have any location data)
How to Quickly Edit Videos on Your Phone
For more tips from me, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Click here for the Fox News app
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.