sourcegraph
February 9, 2023

A new video from a Nest camera captures the moment an iPhone 4 caught fire overnight while charging on the kitchen counter of an Ohio family.

At first, all was quiet at home in Cincinnati. Then, suddenly, there was a click.

While the phone is initially invisible from across the room in the dark, flames of bright orange and pink hues shoot upward. It burns for a while before the fire goes out, though it’s still there by the end of the video.

Apple Introduces Most Powerful MacBook Pro Ever

Brian Leisgang shared the video on Facebook on January 9. He said they were “very lucky to avoid a house fire”.

Family sleeps in Cincinnati, Ohio, before iPhone 4 catches fire
((Photo credit: Jennifer and Brian LeisgangLOCAL NEWS X /TMX))

“Our kids charged our old iPhone 4 with an Apple charger last night and it exploded and caught fire in our kitchen while we were sleeping,” explains Leisgang.

iPhone 4 charging while on fire

iPhone 4 charging while on fire
((Photo credit: Jennifer and Brian LeisgangLOCAL NEWS X /TMX))

iPhone users urged to check settings to prevent thieves from making changes

“Fortunately, we just cleared the counter yesterday because there are usually a lot of textbooks and test papers in that area,” he said. “There were pieces of mobile phones and black soot all over the counter this morning.”

iPhone 4 flames light up the kitchen

iPhone 4 flames light up the kitchen
((Photo credit: Jennifer and Brian LeisgangLOCAL NEWS X /TMX))

Brian’s wife Jennifer Leisgang The silicone case on the phone cracked and the device came apart, told Fox.

Click here for the Fox News app

“I realized how lucky we were that there was nothing on the table and it just went off by itself,” she said.

Leisgang said people shared the video in hopes of preventing future fires in other people’s homes.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *