Proper lighting is very important for your eyesight when you are working or browsing on your laptop. The last thing you want is to waste time trying to find the correct buttons to press because you can’t see them. That’s why Apple’s Mac computers feature lights below the keyboard so you can see everything more clearly, especially if you’re typing at night or in a dimly lit room.
How to turn on the keyboard light on Mac?
if you have macOS Ventura Operating system, instructions for use are as follows:
- choose apple icon in the upper left corner of the screen
- click System Settings or System Preferences
How to Backup Your Mac Computer
- In the popup, scroll down to the left and select keyboard
- make sure Adjust keyboard brightness in low light being turned exist (move slider to the right)
- use Keyboard brightness slider Adjust brightness level
- choose Turn off the keyboard light Save battery life if you haven’t used it for a while
if you have macOS Monterey Operating system, instructions for use are as follows:
- click apple menu in the upper left corner of the screen
- click System Preferences
- click keyboard
- click keyboard Label.
- use Adjust keyboard brightness in low light checkbox to turn the feature on or off.
- How do I adjust the keyboard light on my Mac keyboard?
- This should work if you have a newer Mac model, but if you have an older model, you can manually adjust the keyboard backlight directly from the keyboard.
On this day in history, JAN. In September 2007, Steve Jobs (STEVE JOBS) launched the Apple IPHONE at MACWORLD in San Francisco
Depending on your Mac model, do one of the following:
On the keyboard, press Increase Brightness key or Decrease Brightness key by clicking your button Looks like the sun’s F2 key. To turn off the backlight, Press and hold the button on the F1 keyThis will reduce the brightness.
If your model has a Touch Bar on the keyboard, expand control barthen click Brightness up button or Brightness down button . To turn off the backlight, Touch and hold.
What if my keyboard doesn’t light up?
If none of the steps above worked for you, and you still can’t get your keyboard to light up, the last step you can take before visiting an Apple Store is to try resetting the system management controller. Your System Management Controller (SMC) is responsible for all low-level tasks on your Mac and could be the source of the problem.
Note before doing the following, be sure to back up your device so you can restore it if anything goes wrong. To learn more about how to back up your PC, visit my CyberGuy.com site and search for “back up your Windows” by clicking the magnifying glass icon at the top of my site.
Click here for the Fox News app
How to reset your SMC (2018 Mac models or newer)
- close your computer
- hold down Control+Option+Shift Press key for 7 seconds
- After 7 seconds, continue to hold down these 3 keys, while pressing power button.Press and hold all 4 keys for 7 seconds, then release simultaneously
- wait a few seconds Turn your Mac back on.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.