Group texting is a fun and convenient way to talk to all your friends or family at once. However, it can also be a real pain when you’re trying to focus on another task and your phone won’t stop shutting down. Or you were mistakenly added to a group chat and don’t need notifications that aren’t about you.
Whether you’re an iPhone or Android user, you can leave group text messages once and for all if you want.
How to Force Your Loved One’s iPhone to Ring in an Emergency
First, let’s look at how to form a group text.
How to create group texts on iPhone?
- Open your iMessage app and tap write button in the upper right corner to form a new message
- In the tabs at the top, enter the name of the person you want in the group text
- Type your message in the text box and press send.
The best smart thermostats to keep you at the perfect temperature
- Note: If you send a group text to all iPhone users, the message will appear in a blue text bubble. If no one in the group texts has an iPhone, the message will appear in a green text bubble.
How do I create group texts on my Android?
- Open the Messages app, tap hamburger menu on the left, then select group.
- tap create group
- Enter the name you want to name the group and click Add Members
- Enter the people you want to add to the group and press Done when done
- When you’re done adding everyone, press Save.
How to leave group text messages on iPhone?
- Open the group text you want to leave in the iMessage app
- Click the name of the person in the group at the top center of the screen
- If you wish to remain in the group and not receive notifications, please turn on hide alert options
- If you wish to leave the group entirely, tap leave the conversation.
Hackers’ latest trick looks like free movie streaming
How to leave group text messages on Android?
Android users can’t leave group texts entirely, although there is an option to mute group texts so you don’t get flooded with notifications. To mute group texts on Android:
- Open the group text you want to leave
- click 3 vertical points in the upper right corner of the screen
- In the lower right corner, click the bell icon Turn off notifications.
If I form, can I leave a group text?
Unfortunately, if you’re the one who created the group text message, you can’t leave a group text message, whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android phone. The best you can do is follow the steps above to mute chat notifications so your device isn’t overwhelmed.
How do these instructions help you create or leave a group text? let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Click here for the Fox News app
For more of my tips, visit CyberGuy.com and be sure to subscribe to my free CyberGuy Reports newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.