Linksys extender is becoming more popular due to the increasing demand for high-speed internet. However, in this post we will tell you about one of the most important aspects of Linksys extenders that is Linksys Access point setup. This setup can help you extend the network of your Linksys router and also give you high-speed internet. If you want to perform this setup, then make sure to read the entire post!
Well, before we start with the process of Linksys Access point setup, you need to make sure that you are using one of the mentioned below devices.
- Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6300 AC750 BOOST WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE7350 Max-Stream WiFi Range Extender
- Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6400 BOOST WiFi Range Extender
Note: These are the models of Linksys extender that can be configured with Access Point Mode:
Now, you can follow the below-mentioned instructions and learn how to do Linksys Access Point setup fruitfully.
Steps to Perform Linksys Access Point Setup
Power On the Linksys Extender
- Firstly, you need to give the proper power supply to the extender. To do this. put the power adapter of the extender into the socket and press the power button.
Note: Ensure that your Linksys extender gets sufficient supply from the power socket.
Link Your WiFi Devices
- You must need to create the connection between the Linksys wireless extender and the existing home router.
- Connect the devices with an Ethernet cable or wirelessly, it depends on your choice.
Note: If you go with the Ethernet cable then you need to make sure that it is not damaged. Otherwise, you might face a technical issue.
- Once you are done following the above-mentioned instructions, you need to open your computer or laptop, and then launch the web browser on your device for further process.
- After that, put the web address in the address bar, i.e. extender.linksys.com, and then press Enter for the next process.
If the default web address http //extender.linksys.com refuses to work, then you can use the default IP address as an alternate URL.
Locate the Settings Menu
- When pressing the Enter key you will be redirected to the Linksys extender setup wizard.
- After that, you need to click on the Setting menu which is located on the upper side of the page.
- Thereafter, under the ‘As wired range extender (access point)’ option, click ‘Next.’
- You need to generate the WiFi names that the Linksys range extender will be transmit. It depend on whether you either create the two unique WiFi name or use the same name for both radio bands (2.4 GHz and 5Ghz)
Generate the Admin Password
- You need to generate the Admin password for your Linksys wireless range extender.
- Then you need to click on Save, you can also add a password hint if you want.
- To get the update related to Linksys products you must fill in the currently used email address.
- Click the Next.
Hence, these are the steps that you required while you perform the Linksys Access Point Setup. However, in any case, if you will not succeed in the setup, then must ensure that you follow all the steps without any mistakes.
Hope, you can understand every single point related to the Linksys extender setup and follow the same steps whenever you perform the Linksys Access Point Setup. Apart from it, you can drop a comment in the comment section related to the post for your fellow readers!