Google Maps and Apple Maps allow anyone to spy on you and invade your privacy by posting clear photos of the front of your house or aerial photos of your property on their websites and apps.
Google has run into legal trouble amid growing concerns about people’s privacy. These include multiple instances of people taking pictures through windows without realizing it.
A community in Minnesota managed to get Google to delete all photos of their house, something you can do yourself. You can also ask Google to blur images of your car, license plate, and perhaps most importantly, yourself.
Google Chrome’s ‘incognito’ mode might not let you be so stealthy
How to Take a Photo of Your Home with Google Maps on Your Computer
Enter your home address in the search field
- Click on your home photo in the upper right corner
Google apologizes for controversial definition of ‘Jewish’ on search engine
- See if your home is visible
- click report a problem in the small text in the lower left corner
- Make sure what you want to blur out of the picture is in the center of the black and red box
- under vague requestchoose what you want to blur: a face, my home, my car/license plate or other object
- Enter any additional information in the boxes provided to help them understand what you want to blur and why
- Enter a work email address
- click i am not a robot button
- click submit
After submitting your request to have your home blurred, you should receive a confirmation email asking you to do any verification. After a few days, it’s worth checking to see if your house is still visible. One thing worth remembering is that if you have any doubts, blurring your house on Google Maps is permanent.
How to Take Photos of Your Home Outside of Apple Maps
To take photos of your home from Apple Maps, you need do so in writingand “Request a review of faces, license plates, or your own house.” The email address to access Apple Maps is MapsImageCollection@apple.com.
Have you successfully removed your home from Google or Apple Maps? let us know. We’d love to hear from you.
Click here for the Fox News app
For more of my tips, visit CyberGuy.com and be sure to subscribe to my free CyberGuyReport newsletter by clicking the “Free Newsletter” link at the top of my website.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.