How Your iPhone or Android Can Protect Your Kids 24/7
Kids are exposed to technology at a much younger age; however, big tech companies like Apple and Google are continually improving safety precautions for minors, which is good news for parents.
How can I protect my child with iPhone?
Apple has a Family Sharing feature that allows parents to create a family group and add up to 5 family members using Apple devices.
Once a group is created, you can set up parental controls for any children in the group, enabling controls like screen time monitoring and the “Ask to Buy” feature, which requires parental permission to purchase or download apps.
6 amazing new things your iPhone can do with this iOS update
New malware AZOV can wipe all your data with just one click
How to Set Up Family Sharing on iPhone
- open your set up application
- tap your name
- go family sharing > build your family
- according to continue
- choose family member do you want to invite
- To create an account for a child, select Create child account at the bottom and provide their name and birthday
Click to get KURT’s CYBERGUY newsletter with quick tips, tech reviews, security alerts and simple how-to’s to make you smarter
How to Set Up Parental Controls on iPhone
Once you’ve created a Family Sharing account and created a child account for your child, you can enable various parental controls on their Apple devices.
- Open set up application
- tap detection time
- choose This is my kid’s iPhone
- choose age your child and the parental control settings you want to keep on the child’s device, then select open limit wait is over
How can I protect my kids with my Android?
Like the iPhone program, Android also has a family group feature that allows the family administrator to add up to five people. The only catch is that family members must be over 13 to join the group. People 12 and under can only be added if the family manager has created a Google Account for them. This can be done when setting up your child’s Android device.
California rescuers say the Find My iPhone feature helped save a woman after 200 feet.plummeted
Settings may vary depending on your Android phone manufacturer
How to add family members to your Android
- Open google play app
- click profile icon In the upper right corner
- go set up > family > manage family members
- tap invite family members and choose who you want to invite
- according to send
How to Set Up Parental Controls on Your Android Device
- Open google play application
- click on your profile icon In the upper right corner
- go set up > family > parental control
- Open parental control
- set limits For each section where you wish to activate parental controls, including Books, Movies, TV, Apps and Games
Click here for the Fox News app
For more privacy tips, go to CyberGuy.com/Newsletter and subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report newsletter.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.