You have probably seen them before. Those plain, white surfboards collect dust in the garage or basement. Well, it is time to put them to good use! With creativity, you can turn them into pieces of art that will add personality and style to your home décor. In my article, I will give you some ideas for transforming your old surfboard into a work of art. Whether you choose to go with a simple paint job or get a little more creative, we have something for everyone. So, wave goodbye to dull décor and hello to stylish surfboard art ideas for your home!
Surfboard Art for the Walls
You don’t have to be near the ocean to enjoy surfing-inspired art. You can bring the waves indoors by using a surfboard as a canvas. There are plenty of ways to do this.
- You could use a paintbrush to create a scene on your surfboard.
- Go for a more graphic look with decals or stickers.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, you could try carving into the board to create a 3D effect.
No matter how you decorate your board, it will add fun and personality to your space. And if you ever get tired of it, you can always pack it up and take it on your next vacation.
Making a Statement with Accent Piece
One of the easiest ways to make a statement in your home is through your accent pieces. And what could be more eye-catching than a surfboard hanging on your wall? There are a few things to consider when choosing the perfect surfboard to become an accent piece in your home.
Brightly colored surfboards
First, think about what type of statement you want to make. If you want to add fun and beachy vibes to your décor, go for a bright and colorful board.
Wooden surfboard with minimal design
If you’re looking for something a little more understated, try a wooden board or one with a minimalist design.
Placement of your board.
Once you’ve decided on the statement you want to make, it’s time to think about the placement of your board.
- A good rule of thumb is to hang it at eye level or above so that it’s the first thing people see when they walk into the room.
- And lastly, don’t be afraid to get creative with your display! Hang multiple boards together or use them as a headboard on your bed.
Get Creative with Display Shelving
Now that you have got your surfboard, it is time to think about how to display it.
- One option is to mount it on the wall. You can buy a surfboard mount at most hardware stores or use a simple bracket if you are handy with carpentry.
- But if you want a more creative option, consider using display shelving instead.
- There are all sorts of creative ways to showcase your surfboard.
- You can hang it from the ceiling, mount it on a stand, or prop it against the wall.
- You can even use it as a room divider! Just be sure to choose a display that will show your board off to its best advantage.
Incorporate Surfboards into Your Furniture
Here is an easy way to bring a bit of your favorite hobby into your home: Incorporate surfboards into your furniture. It is a great way to repurpose old surfboards and give your living space some much-needed personality.
For instance, you can use an old shortboard as the base for a coffee table. Just add four legs or use hairpin legs for a modern look. To make it even more eye-catching, you can add vibrant art to the bottom of the board with paints, epoxy resin, or even nail polish designs!
Also, you can use two fins and three surfboard strings with some string lights to create a unique light fixture and hang it in any corner of your home. You can even paint different fins and mix the string colors to create the perfect festive atmosphere!
What better way to show off your love of surfing than transforming an old surfboard into one-of-a-kind furniture?
DIY Surfboard Projects for a Personal Touch
If you like to add a personal touch to your surfboard art, why not consider a DIY project? Not only are DIY projects fun and budget-friendly, but they also let you customize your projects to your taste.
Wooden surfboard wall art.
One of the most popular DIY projects is the wooden surfboard wall art.
- This one is a simple project. All you need is a sheet of wood, a jigsaw, some sandpaper, and paint.
- You can draw out the shape of a surfboard onto the wood and cut it out with the jigsaw.
- From there, sand it down until smooth and paint whatever colors you like.
- The finished product is an eye-catching wall art piece that is sure to be a conversation starter!
Beachcomber side table.
Another great DIY project is the beachcomber side table.
- For this one, all you need is an old surfboard and some legs or casters for your table.
- You can either attach legs to the bottom of the board or add casters for an easy-rolling side table that adds beachy vibes to any room.
If you’re looking for a way to add a little personality to your home décor, you should consider using Surfboard art. Surfboard wall art is a great way to show your love for the ocean, and it can also be a great way to show off your surfing skills.
There are many ways you can use Surfboard art in your home, and there are also a variety of different types of Surfboard art that you can use. If you’re looking for a way to add a touch of color to your home, you should consider using brightly-colored Surfboard art. If you are looking for a way to add a touch of elegance to your home, you should consider using vintage Surfboard art. No matter what your style is. There is sure to be a type of Surfboard art you will love.