There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning feeling groggy and sleepy because you didn’t get a good night’s sleep. We need sleep to feel energized and ready to take on the hustle and bustle of everyday life. That’s where your Apple Watch can help.
How can my Apple Watch help me fall asleep?
Apple Watch devices have a unique feature called the Sleep app. This app allows you to create a sleep schedule so you can meet your bedtime goals each night. As long as you sleep with the watch on your wrist, the Sleep app tracks your sleep patterns throughout the night and tells you how long you spent in each sleep stage (REM, core, and deep sleep) time.
This feature is available on all watches updated to OS7, including Apple Watch Series 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8.
How to make ALEXA talk more like you
What features does the sleep app offer?
The sleep app has various useful features to ensure you get the best sleep possible. You can create multiple schedules for different days of the week, depending on what you want to achieve that night. Some great features include:
- Set sleep goals (how many hours do you want to sleep)
- Set when you want to go to bed and wake up
- wake up your alarm clock in the morning
- When to turn on Sleep Focus, which limits distractions before you fall asleep and protects you after you go to bed
- Sleep tracking, which uses your motion to detect sleep
- If your watch is at 30% or less, it will remind you to charge it before wearing it to bed
How to Set Up Sleep Apps on Apple Watch
- Open the Sleep app on your Apple Watch (the blue app that looks like a bed)
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set it up
After setting up the Sleep app on your device, you can adjust all its features according to your needs for the best results.
How to change or turn off an alarm
- Open the sleep app
- Click on your current bedtime
- If you don’t want to be woken up in the morning, choose to turn off the alarm
- If you want to change your wake time, tap Wake Time and turn the Digital Crown to set a new time.
- Press the checkmark icon when done
How to Change or Add to a Sleep Schedule
- Open the sleep app
- Click for full timetable
- To change your sleep schedule, click on the current schedule and change the dates, wake up time and bedtime
- To add a sleep schedule, click Add Schedule
- To change your sleep goal, tap Sleep goal and set how long you want to sleep
- To change your relaxation time, tap Relax and set how long you want Sleep Focus to be active before bedtime
- To delete or cancel a plan, click on the current plan and scroll to the bottom, select Delete plan
How to get a free second phone number and stop bothering calls
How to change sleep options
- Open your settings app
- Tap Sleep and adjust settings (turn on while relaxing, sleep screen, display time)
- Turn sleep tracking and charging reminders on or off
How to check your recent sleep history
- open your sleep app
- Scroll down to the bottom to see your sleep stats from the previous night, including how long you slept, the time spent in each sleep stage, and your average sleep time over the past 14 days.
How to check your sleep breathing rate
After you fall asleep with your Apple Watch on, you can see how you’re breathing throughout the night by checking the Health app on your iPhone.
- Open the Health app on your iPhone
- select browse
- choose to breathe
- Select a breathing rate
- Select to display more respiration rate data
Which of the latest Apple Watch should I consider?
This fall, Apple released a slew of new products, including three new smartwatches that track your health, last you throughout the day and save your life. I was at Apple Park in Cupertino, California, with tim cook He introduced the Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE and the new Apple Watch Ultra.
Be sure to head over to CyberGuy.com and search for “Apple Watch” to read my reviews of these Apple Watches.
Click here to download the Fox News app
For more Apple tips, be sure to subscribe to the CyberGuy Reports newsletter at CyberGuy.com/Newsletter.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. all rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content may contain affiliate links that earn commissions on purchases made.